Friday, June 15, 2012

“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”


Today was my last official day of school, more or less. I mean I still technicaly have classes this coming week, but they are tests and retakes that I do not need to take, so therefore, I do not have to go. I have to go on tuesday morning to take a dancing test for PE, dancing the salsa with my friend, but that hardly counts.

I looked back to my blog from September after my first day of school (here is my post from my first day of school.), and this is what I wrote, "I think that my first day of school here in Spain has easily been the most difficult and worst day of my life so far."


Even though that day was absolutly terrible, not knowing anyone, not knowing anything, not even being able to communicate effectively, I look back and I learned so much. I look back and I see those kids that helped me that first day, who are now my good friends. The kids who once treated me as the new froreigner, have now accepted me as one of their own, and all who tell me they do not want me to leave.


I have a million offers to stay in peoples houses, hide in peoples closets, etc. so I won´t have to leave, as if the issue was a place to stay. I do not want to leave yet, either. At all. Not even a part of me wants to go home. But even that isnt quite it. Because it isnt really home that I dont want to go to, its here that i dont want to leave. I want them to form together, and be one. Or maybe...just maybe stay a little longer. But I am not ready to leave in the least bit. I have 12 days. And now that school is out, that means ill be out everyday all day.


The last couple weeks I have been going out a ton. To the beach etc. and to that crew regatta for my friend. To save time uploading, you can check out my pictures on my facebook photography page: http://www.facebook.com/AllysonMcCarthyPhotography

Miss everyone! Not sure how many posts I will do from now until I go, becuase today is literally my last day where i have free time and not being smuggled around by all my friends. (I have a genuine fear of being kidnapped by my friends the night before I leave for madrid, they are going to kidnap me so i dont leave...i know they are plotting...)

No comments:

Post a Comment