Tuesday, June 12, 2012

No one who achieves success does so without the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude. -- Alfred North Whitehead

Today I decided to give my host family my thank you gift. I saw that everyone, my mom, my dad, pablo, maria, and theresa were all eating dinner together tonight, and I decided to seize the chance to thank them. I had planned in my head to give them this huge speech about how grateful I am, and how amazing they are, and how i truly could not have had as an amazing year this past year without them.

They have done so much for me and I will be forever grateful. I know that they care about me as a part of the family, one of their own. I know that they would do anything for me if need be. I have come to trust in the Romeros, and they have become a part of me that I will never let go. I know I will return and honestly, I am in denial about leaving in the first place. ( i have had absent minded plots made up in my head about the many different ways i could "accidently miss the bus" to madrid, so then id have to stay longer).

But anyway, so i had this huge speech all planned out in my head. I ran upstairs to get the painting I had bought back before i even came, and i came back downstairs, looked at all of them, said "This is for you guys to say thanks, becuase you have been an amazing host family and.." and I had to stop mid sentence, throw the painting into my host dads hands and sit before I broke into tears. I cant believe i only have 15 days left. I cannot believe it.

I am also going to be baking cookies this weekend with mariely and anca to give to some teachers and other important people in my life who have made my year in spain so much easier and enjoyable. I am dreading saying goodbye to them...

Also, I have bought a spanish flag for all my friends at school to sign, and I had a few of my friends sign it today. I took the flag out to put it in my other bag and I read some of their messages, and again, i started crying. I still have 2 weeks til i actually leave and im already losing it. I dont even want to know what actually leaving is like....

I would also like to send a quick thank you to all those people out there that supported me before I came, be it financially or morally. I really appreciate all that everyone has done for me, and I could not have made this year so special by myself. I am really grateful for everything that I have. I look back on my short 17 years of life, and I cant even believe the luck and fortune I have. I have supporting friends and family (in both America and Spain) and a life I could never have dreamed about. I cannot wait to see what the future has waiting for me.

Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment